Thank you for checking out my work.
For me, it’s all about telling stories, big or small, with surprising, inarguable human insights at their center. And about the talented people with whom I’ve been lucky to tell them.
Here are 7 quick things about myself:
1. A good chunk of what I've created in my 10+ years has been with my art director partner, Jon Cochran.
2. My work has spanned many categories, brands and budgets, including Gillette, NFL, BMW, TNT/Turner,Venus, Applebee's, Capital One, Invesco, Vanguard, Bloomberg, Wendy's, Goldman Sachs, Avis/Budget.
3. I once lived in St. Thomas, USVI, and had a dog who survived a 24-hour ordeal in a well. (That has nothing to do with my work. But it's a great story.)
4. My friends and I ran a nonprofit AIDS-focused charity in NYC called Supersnack and raised around $500k. We'd produce an annual live fundraiser, which featured Jon Oliver, Aziz Ansari, The Mountain Goats among others. It taught me that getting stuff made can be a phone call away.
5. I write and record music for fun, but it's also proven to be surprisingly helpful for selling ideas. (Next time you see me, ask about "the football cartoon.")
6. Despite having made a fair amount of work that makes people cry (in a good way, preferably), my words have been published in humor books, such as The Rock Bible on Quirk and The Indie Cred Test on Penguin.
7. I'm a proponent of mental health at work. It strengthens us against the daily grind, creates an actual enjoyable place to spend our time and makes the work better, to boot.